Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New decade...

So, it's 2010 and Happy New Year everyone!! Another decade passed, how many more decades can we have? Does this reminds you to cherish your life and enjoy every single bit of it?
10 years ago, I am just still a young and dumb little girl studying standard 6 and I never realise how many things can change in a decade....I graduated from SJK(C) Yuk Chai, further graduate from SMK Taman Sea, continue to further graduate from HELP college, and now, I am looking forward to graduate from University of Birmingham....that's how far I have come from....If I say I didn't change during these 10 years, it's all bullshit...From a shy, close minded person, I have learnt to express myself, to be more outgoing, to view life in a different perspective but of course, I am still young and dumb...Haven't manage to change that just yet and don't plan to do so in future....
It's like a character building throughout these years...Been a follower, a leader, a staff, a witness of miracles, faith and see how a person can change with time...There were so many times I was being discouraged, judged, thrown down to the lowest point of life, felt that there was no more hope, dumped, lost and always find myself standing at the crossroad all the time, yet when I look back and start to connect all those events, I realise how have I changed and how those events shaped me into who I am today....Throughout the years, I have been constantly tested...Exams, being loved and harshly being dumped, learn to trust, to let go, to believe, to accept, to surrender, endurance, perseverance, guess I am becoming a better person with each passing event...One thing for sure, to endure the cold weather and snow in UK compare to the hot and sunny days back home...
This decade, I can't say I remember every single event that happen...All I can remember is the 9 11 incident, the Sichuan Earth quake, Tsumani, current recession...What else? I can't remember anymore...No matter wat incident are those, I can see a world more unite than before...Whenever one country is in trouble, neighbouring country will try to support, giving aid...Even the people of the country, they will rush to help out, donation and all....However, war is still going on...When only peace will come to us? Probably another decade or so?
10 years, it's not short, and it's not long..But it all comes down to how many more 10 years can passed before we can say we finish the race...How many more 10 years to achieve things that we longed for....It's funny when u stand 10 years later and start to think back how far u have come and it's not every decade u have the chance to do that....One good example is during school days, I totally sux at math, especially during form 2, I practically failed my math paper...I started to buckle up, and things were going great till now, I am studying engineering...Awesome? Come to think of it, if I didn't fail during form 2, probably I won't start to like math, and will continue to sux in engineering...Now I can stand and see it in a good perspective, but at that time, I was totally devastated and down....This is how great God's plan can be....
Therefore, let's look forward for another new decade....Let's forgive and forget, let all bygones be bygones....All things happen for a reason, and even u don't see and understand the reason behind it, u will in future....For the time being, just walk on with faith...Though u dont see the light, God will shine the way for u....Just trust and go on...I always like to say in my own words: " Got road, walk; No road, jump.."
*cheerz*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home