Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mid-Autumn Festival

Well, this is my first time not celebrating mid-autumn festival back at home...Somehow, to me, this festival has never had a great importance to me till today....mid-autumn festival is about sititng down with family members and friends starring at the moon, having a cup of nice chinese tea with the companion of mooncake and latern....now, at this moment, i only have a nice cup of chinese tea....mooncake here is 3.2 pounds one when i can get for RM 3.20 back at home...and i dun see anywhere selling lanterns....but, the good thing is we have the moon...so, i spent my mid-autumn festival with the vacuum cleaner and antibacterial vipes.....that's all i can do to fill my "festival"....

Today's weather is colder than usual and this is an indication that winter is drawing near....it's the first time i saw rain in birmingham...and it's quite heavy...I went to Ikea again with Brenda today (but we forgot her hangers)...it was so windy and the wind comes from all direction u can imagine...one second it's blowing from front...the other second it's coming from the back....next moment it comes from 45 degrees....it's totally crazy...especially when the wind comes from the front, it reminds me of the movie Happy Feet when the Papa penguin was looking after the egg....when the wind blow and how their heads was way in front than the rest of the body...yeah, that was exactly our posture....haha!! really like penguin.....

After coming to UK, i realise this....no matter how strong u r....how independent u r...when u reach a whole new environment and place, u will long for home..that's exactly how i feel....i thought i was strong...but then i never knew i was week deep inside (someone share the same experience as me...my best friend)....since i came here, i was so full of emotions and the feeling of going home is so strong.....however, i am coming out with it quite well....not as bad as the first day when i arrived (overeall it wasn't that bad larr)....seriously, there's no where else better than home....although u get good money working abroad, u juz don't belong to that place...it's like we are out of place...sth's juz not right....somehow, come and go is a norm of life....we can never stay at the same spot all the time....we have to accept it...but no matter where we go, when we are tired of everything, there's still a place call home....

To those ppl who asked me wheather i will miss home after i come to the UK....i can answer u now...it's YES!! and i miss home so much...still got 40 more weeks...i know i can do it....Oh God, guide me through this....give me strength to go on even though it seems unclear how i am going to go through this....but i know You will always be there for me and lead me through the darkness...i know there's a reason You brought me here, therefore let me finish my mission here and bring me home...."Habislah gelap, terbitlah terang"....i know this is true.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home